dont know what to do!!!

Hi .. have a 15 year old that admits.. she doesnt want to live w/ me.. .she said its boring living with me. she stayed w/ my mother for 5 months. and she's back w/ me ... it has not been good .. she basically just talks to me when she wants something.. otherwise she doesnt talk to me period.. she just stays in her room. Also ,, she has a good relationship w/ my twin sister. her aunt... she always talks to her, laughs, and chit chat.. I always try to start conversation w/ my teen but she always answers w/ a "YES", "NO" or "I dont know" .... I try to make it fun for her .. I take her to the mall, we go shopping but ,, she still ignores me totally. she sometimes makes fun of me and laughs in my face .. I grounded her for that.... yet ,, she doesnt get the picture.. we had a pretty heated argument last week.. I talked to her and she apologizeed and said she was going to change, however no improvment whatsoever... help??!!!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• and Welcome to the rebellious teenage years.
    Anonymous

• Sucks huh? It's worst when it's a step child... I would know.
    armymonkeyof4

Answer by armymonkeyof4 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yepp sounds like a normal teenage girl.

almostamommyof2

Answer by almostamommyof2 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• WHat have you done that has upset her? Something she is expecting from you as a parent she isn't getting. Do you have boyfriends in and out? That could be her issue. She obviously has one, don't just assume something is wrong with her or that she is just being a teenager.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I know this sounds rude or obnoxious, but why would you ground her? That makes no sense. Let her know your offended yes but ground her? What you do if she gets real trouble? Beat her? She is 15 and needs guidance. The punishment doesn't fit the crime. Make her realize you are hurt. However there is one thing you have not yet realized. She is hurting. She is a teenager with strong emotions. Guess what, that is not uncommon. Find a common ground and build on it.
    connietrrll

Answer by connietrrll at 3:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2009