did any one have swelling in legs and feet after c section

I had an emergency c section on jan 13, two days later i noticed my feet and legs were swelling. When i came home my feet and legs look like elephant feet and legs and it is so uncomfortable to sleep even when pillow is under them to elevate. I just don't know what to do because even to put lotion on my legs hurt from them being so swollen. Any advice?

ethan2009

Asked by ethan2009 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had that without the c-section. My docs told me it was normal, but yours sounds extreme. It was like having restless leg syndrome. I didn't have any luck in soothing it, but it took a while to go away.
    angelflymom

Answer by angelflymom at 9:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My thighs met my feet, seriously, I had no calf or ankle, it was bad. Although I was swollen to begin with, that's why they induced me. I was in labor for 30 hours, and all that time they were pumping fluids in me and then of course afterwards because of the meds in the epidural. It took about 2 weeks for it to go completely away. It hurt me to move, because of the c-section and the swelling. I was told to drink water with a little bit of lemon juice in it, it helps flush the fluids out of your body. And the meds they gave me for the pain from surgery helped a little as well.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I had that problem with my first c- section.. I had it bad to not just in the legs but abdominal area too.. He put me on a strong water pill which worked wonders!!!
    Anonymous