How do you make yourself clean up around your house?

So I've had a bunch of days off in a row, and no more school, waiting to start my new job next week, and I cannot get motivated to clean! Seems like there is one chore after another, and when I'm cleaning one thing my toddler (and sometimes my 6 year old) mess something else up! I'm going crazy, I can't keep up with this, and I don't want to just clean all day long! I really can't wait to get to work next week, kids in daycare/school, and not have to look at messes all day!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Have you ever seen the show "How Clean is Your House" on the BBC channel?

I watch one episode (30 min) and the house is sparkling.

Those houses should be condemned!!!!! BLAHHHHH
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I set the timer for 30 mins and then take a break. Otherwise I can't get motivated to do it at all.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I leave it for my husband to do! =) He's a clean freak!
    Anonymous

• i hate dirt...but..i can live with it, if im to lazy to clean!! theres just so many other better things i could be doing! mopping, IMO is the worst job..hate doing that!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My husband used to do it all. From the time we married until recently. (14 years)

We got a new house and he got a new job. (this "new" house is really old) He is SWAMPED just trying to keep ahead of the things falling apart around the house and keeping both our vehicles running, they are old.

I got to feeling VERY guilty because he was doing so very very much and here I wasn't doing much at all (folding laundry and doing dishes) So I got off my butt for the first time and started doing a 1/2 decent job of keeping up on the house.

He is very appreciative and I feel good about me. It's still hard a lot of days I just don't want to and the kids inevitably ruin what I've JUST done, but still.... it's a good thing and makes me feel good about me.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 9:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I pick a room a day, and make that room sparkle. I also do dishes daily, and cook, and pick up the little things as I go. (laundry is bathroom day because they are in the same room). lol. but if I pick a room a day and focus there, it doesn't seem like as much.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• seriously i get motivated watching clean house
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 10:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I do one room at a time and take a short break in between rooms. We have a small house so it doesn't take too long.
    Anonymous

• Since I started doing child care in my home I have had to keep my house clean. Before that though I had a hard time finding the motiviation. I found the only way to actually get it all done was to get up around 6:00 am and take my shower to wake me up. Then I would eat breakfast and start cleaning after that. That way I was done really early on during the day so that I could relax or hang out with the kids later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2009