15yr.old daughter has missed 3 periods. She is not sexually active.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• What is your question? How do you know for sure she isn't?
    Anonymous

• Take her to the doctor.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Are you sure? Make her take a home pregnancy test. Then, have her checked by a GYN to see why she is missing periods.
    Anonymous

• Are you sure she isn't sexually active. I would have her take a test. If she has an eating disorder, or she is very physically active these can affect her period as well.

When I worked in a doc office I had a 14 yo who missed her period and kept telling her mom that she wasn't sexually active--she was pregnant.

I don't mean to come off harsh but teenagers don't always tell the truth.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would go see the Gynocologist with her.....

She has some sort of problem. I would start with a pregnancy test, (just to be sure)

She may have hormonal issues or something, sometimes birth control can straiten that out.
    Anonymous

• That would be normal for me. Always has been. Like others said, a lot of things can be the reasoning behind this. You should find out though what is the cause because even though it's unlikely, it could be something serious. I go on birth control every now and then to kick mine back into gear if I go a few months without.

No need to worry but you should probably have her checked out just to get a clear mind and be sure.

armymonkeyof4

Answer by armymonkeyof4 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Normal for me also. I was not mornal and it freaked my parents out..I was a stressed lil girl..

Is she over weight? Does she not eat? It could be a number of things
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Alot of younger girls dont get their period regularly its not that serious it just happens if you dont believe shes not sexual active give her a test or have the doctor test her. If shes not pregnant i can tell you now hes going to tell you its normal for some younger girls my sisters 15 and had had her period for 2 yrs and still doent get it regularly.
    Anonymous

• Take her to the doc.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Have her periods always been abnormal in any way? I used to go five months without a period when I was a teen - I was not sexually active until I was in my 20s. For the most part, I have always had irregular periods. Is she overweight? Does she have PCOS? It could be so many things. Maybe a visit to the doctor is in order.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2009