Baby shower invites. PIOG

What do you think about getting an invitation and after reading it you see at the bottom "Please remember to get a gift receipt should an exchange be necessary"?

I received one today like this and it through me back.

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that it is kind of rude to expect that something should need to be returned. I don't know your friend or who sent the invites but def rude.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Not a friend. My hubby's co-workers wife.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• sounds kind of tacky to me. i would probably show up w/o a gift to save her the trouble of returning it.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• that is kind of tacky but if she is worried people will her her more than one of something. Or she's just picky. That would bug me. I would "forget" the receipt. lol.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I agree with Chandra034...lol. It is definately tasteless. If you feel you must get her a gift, try giving something that doesn't have to be returned (gift card). Why even have a shower if you plan on returning everything...just go on a shopping spree and buy what you want yourself!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Tacky! I would not even bother to go...she's no friend of yours so there will be no love lost. If hubby wants to, he can throw a gift card into a card and toss it to his co-worker but I wouldn't even make an effort. When did people become so tactless?
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009