how long would keep a 15 month old in high chair if she refuses to eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If the child isn't eating then let them go play. If they want to eat then let them eat.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't. Perhaps it's just me, but if I didn't want to eat and someone was forcing me to stay in my chair, I'd have words with them. If she's refusing to eat, perhaps she's not hungry.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 9:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• 10 minutes max
    angelflymom

Answer by angelflymom at 9:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If the child is walking they are prob intrested in moving instead of sitting...mine ate on the move, she did outgrow it
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'd say give her 5 min or so at the table and if she's not eating, let her get down and try again later. She'll eat when she's hungry. If she's more willing to sit in the morning for breakfast, try to make that a really nutritious, solid meal and go from there.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 9:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You might also try getting her a toddler-sized table and having her eat there instead - then she has more control over sitting/standing and might make eating more interesting to her as well. Otherwise, once it's clear she's not interested in eating, let her down. I wouldn't time it or anything - you know her best.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If you have family dinners and she does not want to eat. Let sit there with her utensils for awhile and participate with dinner. After about 15-20 minutes if she gets antsy or whiny put her down. If you just feed her outside of family dinnertime, if she doesn't eat put her down. Try again in 30 minutes
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Just let them eat when they are ready to eat.
    Sometimes our kids ate by circling the table. Just give a bite when they ask.
    Jesusiswelcome

Answer by Jesusiswelcome at 11:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my DS doesnt want to sit in his highchair either he likes the big boy table with everyone else....maybe she wants to feel like a big girl? My DS also runs all over the place and eats but always has the dog chasing him lol but i would just say if she is hungery she will eat
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well if they don't want to eat let them down, but my motto is if you don't eat now, you don't eat until the next meal time no matter how old you are. lol. They won't let themselves starve, just don't offer snacks in between times and they'll be ready to eat at the next meal time.
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 1:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2009