What do you serve with pierogies?

I'm making pierogies for dinner and I was just wondering what you serve with them. Or are the pierogies themselves enough?

GimlettToad

Asked by GimlettToad at 9:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I usually just make pierogies and that's it. I suppose you can make like chicken or pork with them too and have them like a side dish.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• After I boil my pierogies a few mins. I saute'  them in a skillet with sliced smoked sausage or kielbasa and onions.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• MMMMM!!!! anything you want!!! What do you put for a filling???
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• sweet and sour cabbage of course...or potatoe pancakes with apple sauce. I am Polish can you tell.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Are you making them from scratch?? If so, can you message me your recipe?? We eat pierogies a lot, but I just buy the frozen Mrs. T's Brand. We eat lots of different stuff ith them. We always pan fry them with onions first off. We have them with steak, pork chops, hamburger. I think any meat would go well with them. Or, you CAN just have them by themselves. You can put spaghetti sauce on them, serve them with some sort of sausage, serve with sour cream. Any green veggie would go great with them also.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Nika, I see no one sent you a recipe for perogies, so I'll send you mine. I ususally just use mashed potatoes left from last nights dinner. The dough is an easy 3-2-1. 3 cups of flour, 2 eggs, and 1 cup of water. Just mix that, adding flour as needed to roll out the dough. Not too thin or the potatoes will bust through during the boil. I make a single layer on a floured cookie sheet and stick them in the freezer if I'm not going to use them right away. Once they are frozen, I put them in a zip top freezer bag. (I just made a batch and don't think they will make it to the freezer) :)
    dakotamaiden

Answer by dakotamaiden at 7:24 PM on May. 22, 2011

• What do you serve with perogies
    mombricourt

Answer by mombricourt at 6:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2014