Is it ok for children to model?

Here is the story. We seen a ad for a local model agency. We went and it wasn't a scam or anything. We had to fill out paper work and they only picked well behaved children and children with the look they needed. We are very proud of our son. He was very well behaved.We got a call back the next day. They will use my son in ads,mags,educational videos, Etc. And all the money will go into a bank account just for him. A little savings for college. So is this ok?

zachysmommy04

Asked by zachysmommy04 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Do you have to pay anything?
    Anonymous

• I'd say as long as it's legit and your son is down for it then it is. Especially if you are saving the money for him. If he doesn't like doing it, it costs you out of pocket, or you find you're using him to pay the bills then you bail on the idea.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'd say yeah, as long as it's legit, the money is set aside for him, and he WANTS to do it (i.e. Not you pushing him into it.)
    Anonymous

• If it's your SON that wants to do it and not YOU wanting him to do it, I'd say it's ok. If his schooling, or health gets put on the back burner so they can reach their "deadlines", or if he doesn't have time to be a kid and play, or is afraid to play so he doesn't "mess up his looks" then I'd say yank him out of it, and tell them to shove it.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yep, if you checked it out and are with him all the time, and he likes it hell yeah do it! lol I will look at every kid now and say"I wonder..."lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• As long as it's what he wants to do and he enjoys it, then it sounds fine.

I HATE seeing those women that enter their daughters into pageants and spray fake tan on their daughters and put make-up all over them. It's teaching them that beauty gets you further in life and as long as you're pretty you'll be successful. Blah!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think that you should look @ your family and see what is right for your family, everyone is different. If you do decide to go for it, then CONGRATS !! and if not, CONGRAtS on having such a wonderful, and bright son!!!!
    naynkiwismom

Answer by naynkiwismom at 1:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2009