Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another unemployment question.

if we move states, can he still collect his unemployment from the state of california?


Asked by MommaBear1129 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 2 (6 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • If it's for a continuing claim filed before your move, yes, you still get the pay. Make sure your mail is forwarded.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • Your husband, or whoever it is, should get a job and stop waisting the tax payers money.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

  • Umm, it doesn't always work like that people that are hard off dont always choose it, and unemployment can only be collected if fired and it's paid by the employer! Get it str8!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

  • well he was laid off. so yeah anyhows were moving to nevada i just wanted to know. bcuz as everyone knowstheir no jobs in cali. so yeah

    Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

  • Anon # 1: Stop bitching off at her. Her husband was laid off due to this crappy economy. Maybe he is finding a job but they still have to have some source of income until this happens. I'm sick of people judging when they know nothing.

    Anway, I think you should. He still worked there, therefore, you get unemployment.

    Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

  • well were leaving the state of california he was offered a job out in nevada i just want to make sure because they owe back pay for the month of november and december. and then were done with them thank god! but i just want to know will it affect it if we move?

    Answer by MommaBear1129 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN