induced on feb 2

im going to b inducedn feb 2 if ieve not had my baby. im scared this is my frist baby i dont know what to expected. im haveing him natural no drugs. if any one could tell me what to expected. i would really be thankful

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your not alone i am scared to have this baby and this is my second, i am just doing IV meds and with my first i had and epidural, just try to focus on something, like a pic or something calming, to keep ur mind off the pain, and breath, i dont know what else to tell u but good luck....
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Do Not let them induce you!!!! I promise if you get induced you WILL get the drugs. Induction works by hypercontracting your uterus and making it have intense UN NATULLy painful contractions. And just so you know, you CANNOT have a natural birth if you are induced. They use DRUGS to induce you. Inductions are dangerous and scary and increase your risk of c-section. The baby will come when he is ready. A healthy pregnancy can go 45 weeks or so and be PERFECTLY HEALTHY!
    Anonymous

• I didn't mean to go anon, woops, I answered the second one.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• well, I had my son with no meds as well... since u are not having an meds when you start having contractions i wouldnt go to the hospital until they are about 9 min apart, if u go soon u will be in alot more pain cause they wont let u walk around or anything.... unless ur water breaks then go when that happend.... but it isnt all that bad.. i mean it hurts but when its over u will be so releaved and ull be happy u had no meds... i was
    Anonymous

• I'm not going to lie to you and I'm not trying to scare you but being induced hurts. It forces you body to go into labor. I was induced on the 22nd of Nov. with my daughter it didn't work. So After 8 hours they sent me home and I came back on the 23rd. I was in labor for 28 hours after that and finally had her. So it was a long day to say the least. I was on morfin because I had back labor then I had a epidural. I had wanted one though. Everyone is different though, a friend of mine only took 6 hours after being induced. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Is there a reason why they are inducing you? It's really not that bad ive been induced with my last two pregnancy's. And even if you do end up getting an epi you'll be just fine.
    Anonymous

• I was induced because of swelling, I was at 38 weeks. I don't think my body nor my little one was ready to come into the world yet. I was in labor for 30 hours and then followed by a c-section. That was just my experience. I wish you the best of luck!!
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You won't have a natural birth if your induced, at all.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 9:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't get induced. You wont get a natural birth with an induction. The introduction of pitocin itself means it's not a natural birth.

Why are your doctors inducing you? Pregnancy last 42 weeks... is it a medical condition that you need to be induced then?

I was induced, and wanted a natural birth, but couldn't do it. I made it with no epi but ended up needing the drugs. Contractions with an induction are unnatural, stronger, and harder on your body and baby :( I don't mean to scare you, but it's the truth.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I was not going to answer because I didnt want to scare you but since other moms have stated there experiance I will share mine....I wad induced on feb 2nd 2000 because I was 5 cm dialated and my first child came in less than 2 hours start to finishe from the time I went into labor and the Dr was scared I would not make it to the hospital. I went into the hospital at 8 am they started the drugs at 9:45 and by 10:30 I was screaming for and epi.( I had my first natural) my DD was born at 12:45 that afternoon, so I was not in labor long after being induced but the pain was 10 times worse than the natural labor I had with my first. Everyone is diffrent, but after the baby was born I did not care about the pain I went through, thats why most of us have more than one child, because we forget about the pain.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009