Lump in breast two months after weaning baby is this normal?

I had a duct that would block up when breast feeding and pumping but would go away after her feeding. It's still hard and hasn't changed. Should I be worried??? My OB says only if it changes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would seek a second opinion. You wouldn't want it to become infected. Have you tried warm compresses and massage to see if you can dissolve the clot or break it up?
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• could be a blockage. if u dont pump ur milk gets backed up and u ducts get clogged. i had tha and then it got infected but i dont think u should worry about the infection part and if u do get that ull know. u get a high fever chills sweats and the lump will be red and very hot to the touch. or it could be a fibrocous. i spelt it wrong. sorry. its also wat i had. i had it when i was 6 months pregnant and i freaked out! its like tissue and is harmless i got mine removed though bc it started to hurt.
    SummerMom072208

Answer by SummerMom072208 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• is it hurting and do you have fever? Drink a ton of water or fluids and get a day of rest.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2009