When did you start potty training?

How long did it take for your child to get the hang of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son is 2 1/2 and we started 2 weeks ago. He's only had 2 pee accidents and that was in the 1st week. He still hasn't completely got the feeling of pooping on the potty but he's doing great. Most drs say that they dont really get it until 2 1/2-3.
    ZakZaksmom

Answer by ZakZaksmom at 10:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• First son took 3 months, second son took a week, my daughter took to a month before her 3rd birthday, the 4th kid (a boy) took until just 4 months ago...he turns 4 in March.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My daughter just got the hang of it , she turned three two weeks ago. I introduced her to the potty when she turned two but it was more of a novelity or game and accidents were regular now she is in big girl underpants except at night probably her bladder is still small. I hear it is more difficult to potty train boys.
    GINSMUM123

Answer by GINSMUM123 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009