What can I do if my son wants to be carried 24/7 and i am busy?

What can I do if my son wants to be carried 24/7?
my son is going to be 8 months this month y doesnt he have a ny teeth yet?

kiara60291804

Asked by kiara60291804 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what can you do? put him down. try playing on the floor with him, dont hold him but sit next to him. he's still a baby and needs his mama but he doesnt need to be attached to your hip. let him spend a little more time on the floor, go slowly. he need to learn to entertain and comfort himself.
    why doesnt he have teeth? all babies develop at different rates.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Try using a pack or sling if you want to keep him close. Other than that, you can just leave him on the floor with a few toys so he can learn to amuse/entertain himself. Start with just a few minutes and gradually increase the time.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• He needs to learn to play by himself. My 6 mo old will play by herself for about an hour before she realizes that mom is busy doing something else. The teeth will come in time. Don't rush your child growing up.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'm sorry herself--I have a little girl LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• What I do with my son who is almost 6mths now is I just keep moving him around. If I'm going to be doing something in the same room I put him on the floor with a bunch of toys. This usually works because he can see me. If I need to do something that requires me leaving the room (like getting laundry from the basement) I put him in the play pen with some toys. If he fusses it's ok, I come back up and let him know I'm still there. He's usually fine if I walk past and talk to him every 5 to 10 minutes unless he's hungry which then I feed him of course.After that he's fine. If I carried him around all day I would never even get to use the bathroom until he either slept or the bf was home.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Oh....and teething can happen anytime between 4 and a year. It depends on the baby.
    lilmomma4

• You may think I'm nuts, but a year from now you will wish that he would let you hold him.

I give my kids what they need and they will want to gradually be away from me. It is a hard balance. Do you have someone to give you a break from time to time?
    eastonbennett

Answer by eastonbennett at 10:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009