Anybody else have a husband that DOES help out just does it on his own damn time?

I mean I guess it's better than nothing but I'm tired of excuses!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my hubby does ALOT.. too much around the house and stuff drives me nuts haha
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• LOL Yes. I ask my husband to do something and I'm waiting on him to get off the couch for thirty minutes. For the most part, I just let it go. At least he's willing and able..
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 10:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• During the week I don't give him a hard time about helping out because his schedule is so hectic and he has to do flight plans (he's a helicopter pilot). But, during the weekend he knows he needs to help out, and he's good about it..but, yes sometimes he likes to do it at his own pace. Like you said - it's better than nothing.

xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• For the most part I dont have to ask him, he just does it to help me out. But if I tell him or ask him to do something he will do it then so he doesnt have to hear me b*tch.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 10:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Well, probably 50/50...his household projects pretty much get done when he feels like it because they are things I just don't think about (like changing the furnace filters). He had to move out of state for work a little over a year ago, but prior to that, he and I would tag team what needed to be done around the house on Saturdays
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• At least yours does it on his own time my SO does nothing around the house and I mean nothing
    dawnmitchell

Answer by dawnmitchell at 10:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• mine does, he takes our daughter when I need a break, plus he makes the money, which helps! lol
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 10:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My SO works full time but when I got pregnant we made a deal: I clean living room, bathroom ,bedroom and do the laundry and he will do the trash, kitchen, and yard work. I hate doing the dishes so its a good deal to me but sometimes he waits til we have no damn silverware to do the damn dishes lol... oh well i guess i shouldnt complain
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If ask for help--he informs me that he helps all the time--but I don't see it. If I ask him to do something he does it in his own time. I do however get to take a nap everyday b/c he keeps an ear out for her, and I do occasionally get to get out with my friends when I do need a break. He is a great dad and a WONDERFUL boyfriend.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yes, I do. I don't know if it's better than nothing. I hate having to wait, wait, wait. I have learned to ignore it, accept it or I say, "Will you be fixing the whatever tomorrow or should I call someone to fix it.?" Sometimes, I am sick of waiting and sometimes, I just want the dang thing done. How about the molding that never got put back? The dryer that never was looked at because of all the lint on the clothers? (missed a FREE dryer because of that one.)...picking up the $1500 treadmill I could have had for free? Applying a much needed second coat of paint? Putting the pool away for the Winter? Salting the driveway? Ah, yes. I know what you mean!
    Anonymous