I want to take my family on a road trip this summer. I live in Denver and don't know where is a good place to go.

I know the obvious Yellowstone, Disney etc. I want to do something that is going to be really fun and still be easy on the budget. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My kids are 14, 6, 4 and 1.

MY3BOYZINCO

Asked by MY3BOYZINCO at 10:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Travel

• Do you & your family like to ski? I usually go to Brekenridge or Copper mountain in March (before or after spring break) & there are great places to shop, sled, carriage rides to a wonderful dinner with firework displays! etc.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 10:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• check out Wisconsin Dells!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• check the vacation packages scenic route
    www.4travelgetaways.com
    RuthGraham

Answer by RuthGraham at 1:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I remember having an awesome time at some park called Silver Dollar City. They have rides, and crafts from the 1880's. Sort of a frontier theme. It is in Branson, Missouri. http://www.silverdollarcity.com/. They have cabins, thrill rides for the 14 year old and tamer rides for the 1 year old. Also Branson has some odd but interesting tourist things. Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede Dinner & Show is a full-scale production set in a 35,000-square-foot arena featuring stampeding longhorn steers, horses, racing pigs and ostriches. The city has the world’s largest Titanic museum attraction. They also have lakes, water parks and theaters galore. I think it is a strangely attractive place. Maps show it is 849 miles from Denver and you get to go through Kansas, too. Great BBQ in Kansas!) http://www.explorebranson.com/
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You can go to dutch county, PA. It's got an awesome train station and museum, an amish amusement park, a place where you have your motel room as an actual caboose. and lots of history and fun.. and then to Gettysburg,PA.. which is only a 40 min drive.. that area has TONS to do.. the boyd bear barn was awesome, and hersey amusement park.. pm me if you want more details
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• the pacific northwest is nice... we have mtns, the beach, portland oregon is a great place to sample tons of different kids of food and wine.... for the kids, we have the zoo, a science museum, a couple small amusement parks... to the north we have seattle... mt rainier... i have traveled all over the USA, im only missing 7 states, and i always come home... if you want more info, msg me and i can give you all the details.. i was actually in denver last year at this time... wonderful place.. just sucked that the airport is soooooooo far away LOL sorta...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2009