Spinoff: Sitting on a public toilet

The other question got me thinking: Do you put your purse/diaperbag on the ground or sinks when you are in a public restroom?

Personally I do not. I watched a show onetime where they showed what was actually on the bottom of some purses after putting them on the floor/in shopping carts. It really grossed me out.

heatherann0221

Asked by heatherann0221 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am the OP of the public potty ;)

No I keep mine on my shoulder or up on a chair or table. I think I watched the same show.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• eww, i always hang mine on the back of the door, and if theres no hook i balance them on the TP dispenser or just hold it. i dont even like walking on those dirty floors lol
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I try not to leave it on the floor when i go pee, there's ususlly little hooks on the doors to hang it. Otherwise, i hang on to it.
    Anonymous

• No I don't. Bathroom floors are yecchy. And I wouldn't put it in a shopping cart as a matter of security. I also don't set it on tables, since I've also heard about handbags being dirty. My purse hangs well over my knee when I am seated at a table, so that works for me.

Answer by Bmat at 10:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• today i had too... there were NO HOOKS ANYWHERE.. and my son peed through his diaper UGH so i had to change him.. try changing a verryyy active 10 month old on a diaper changing table I HAD to put the diaper bag down but i was sooooo grossed out by it :(
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I try not to, but if I do have to I make it gets washed as soon as I get home. I also clean anything it may have touched on the way.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Just put the purse around your neck. But what about those filthy dirty public pulldown changing tables!? When you put down your personal pad(the one that comes with the diaper bag) it gets contaminated! If you us the disposable ones provided(if there was actually one there) it is too small. What part of the baby do you put it under! The butt or the head!!
    Anonymous

• Lol...I'm probably an infectious mess that is going to keel over and die tonight after thinking about this. I put mine in the cart, I try to avoid putting it on the floor if there are hooks or a little shelf...but I sit on the potty.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• no sitting on toilets...I do put my purse in the cart and I have put my purse on the bathrrom floor though it is very rare and only if there is no hook or place on top of tp dispenser.. I am very conscientious about germs and I think about it the rest of the day/night until I can clean it. Yuck.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Noooo. I hate bathrooms! Even at work, they gross me out sooooo bad. I will hook my purse on the hook, or the corner of the door. I always wipe the seat off, ughhh i hate bathrooms!!!
    KaydsMommy

Answer by KaydsMommy at 12:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2009