is it necessary to spank your toddler even if he is young enough? he is 1 yr old

kindly answer my question i have one child at the age of 1 yr old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it is never necessary to spank a toddler. at a year old they dont understand that the punishment is linked to their behavior, a firm "no" and redirection is best for that age.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Even spanking advocates suggest it is ineffective until 18 months of age. What is the child doing because you might more help with the situation to ask for specific advice over just trying to verify a position on such a hot topic.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 10:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• why would anyone spank a 1 year old?
    If you are suggesting that it be o.k.; then get some time out help for yourself.
    Not being snotty; just real.
    I do not have a problem with spanking unruly children; but, never a 1 year old.
    Hugs and kisses work much better.
    Jesusiswelcome

Answer by Jesusiswelcome at 11:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i didnt spank my son at a yr old but unfortuantly my parents did (his grandparents) and I didnt like that at all and i wanted to use it ONLY as a last resort and i still do cause sometimes he just needs it.....and i do the same for my DD who is 15 months
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009