Why do I get so frustrated with my 9 month old?

I caught myself yelling at my 9 month old. I layed her down in her crib afterwards and went outside to calm down, and when i came in I felt so bad. I started crying because I know that I shouldn't have. I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be most appreciated.

teastin14

Asked by teastin14 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• We all get frusterated mom, you did the right thing by calming down.

Do you have any time to get away, maybe a grandmother to babysit so you can go shop or eat out or whatever you enjoy. That can really help.

Is this your first child? B/c I can tell you from having two kids (ages 5 and 3) that patience grows A LOT with time.... :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• What is the child doing? I know it sounds silly but in anger management they teach you to take every situation of anger and stop and "treat it" right then and there. Like if you think "Man there are too many assholes on the road" you feel that you are being irrationally upset- stop your thought process and breathe- then you literally imagine nothing but aholes on the road driving the cars next to you :) Those kinds of tactics can totally help put things in perspective. Check out some more anger management skills online... they might help!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 11:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I've been there and my son is almost 3 so I can tell you that getting frustrated doesn't get easier. I feel horrible after raising my voice at him and sometimes I do cry. The fact that your asking that makes you seem like a good mother so, just try your best to have more patience (it's hard sometimes) but if you have any doubt in your mind that you could get so frustrated to the point that that keeps happening or something else could happen. Don't be afraid to ask for help. It sounds like you did the right thing by stepping away for a moment.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2009