• In the Spotlight:

should i

should i let my 14 year old aughter go out by herself with her 16 year old boyfriend they have been datin for 6 months an i really like him he hasnt been a problem yet so should i? an just give her a time limet to get there an have her call when she gets there and when she leaves an have a time to get back hom?

ashley1388

Asked by ashley1388 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• no
    Anonymous

• nope* i know what 16 yr old boys have on their mind ;o) unless you want to be a Nana of your 14 yr olds child.. uuh no. LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• JMO. No, I remember being 14 and going out when I shouldnt have, and I lost my virginity at that age....I was TOO YOUNG to be put in a situation where I needed to make those decisions.

But thats just me....
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't let them alone in a car- I remember what can happen in a car on the way home just leave the place a few minutes early and you have plenty of time!
    Anonymous

• Not a chance! Boys that age are good at being well liked by the parents, it's much easier for them to get what they want. I was a little younger than that when this very nice boy wanted me to leave the basketball game to see the beautiful stars....I was so stupid. The next thing I remember was being in the back of his van, getting raped. I was one of those prudes who wanted to wait until I got married. I never did tell my parents.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 11:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• NO! Teenage boys have a way of WINNING OVER parents. You don't really know someone and unfortunately you may not until you find out the hard way. Teenage boys have one thing on their mind and it's not the weather! I have 2 teenage sons and I don't allow them to be alone with their girlfriends. I'm close with both their girlfriends parents and we have the same ideas on how to make sure they are always around others in the house. BUT....if a teenage boy and girl are going to get into trouble they will find a way regardless.....it's a catch 22. But being the mother of teenage sons....IF I had a daughter and I was in your shoes I wouldn't let her be alone in a car with him.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• well he is a very nice boy the other night they got in a fight at my house an was yelling and stuff just as teenage couples do but then after he left and they made up he texted me and appoligized for the rude behavior an for being mean to my daughter and everything i dont think he is trying to win me over or anything an i trust my daughter about everything she tells me about everything
    ashley1388

Answer by ashley1388 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yes as long as it is a public place I dont see a problem with it.
    almostamommyof2

Answer by almostamommyof2 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Nope! I was having sex at that age when mom would let me go out alone...
    Anonymous

• why not? My dad let me go out with my bf alone all the time and I never once had sex with him until I moved out of my parents house. I respect my parents so I wasn't going to disrespect their rules. Now I might be a little worried that a sixteen year old boy is dating a fourteen year old girl, his motives might not be so great and no matter what your daughters intentions are he could get the better of her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2009