What can I do to treat my daughter's raw knees?

She is 11 months old and crawls everywhere. Her poor knees are red and raw. I was putting diaper rash cream on it earlier and she was fussing so I think they hurt a little. I can't afford to buy those little knee pads and I don't have the skills to make my own for her. What can I do to treat it? I have tried letting her crawl in sleepers and all but it doesn't help much, it almost seems to make it worse sometimes.

Thanks!

Momma_Forever

Asked by Momma_Forever at 10:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Udder cream it's 97 cents at walmart. She just needs to build up the callus there. It will take time but you can help ease any itching with that stuff :)

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 10:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Maybe try rapping an ace bandage around her knee? Or if you have them cotton face cleaners. they come in a package of like 50. thats all I can think of right now.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Invest in baby legs lol. or buy those cloth wrist bands that athletes wear and put them on her knees. *they are thicker than baby legs*..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Cut the toes out of some thick socks and put them over her knees. you can get leg warmers (which look like those expensive "baby legs") at target for about $5 i think.

As for a cream or whatever to put on the raw skin. Try medela lanolin advanced nipple care--it works wonders on my baby's irritated skin -- she has eczema
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2009