Co-sleeping

Do you sleep with your LO? I do I sleep with my newborn. She is 2wks old now. I am going to until she is a couple months old if not longer. I just would rather have her next to me where I can hear her and feel her move. But I would be sleeping alone if she wasnt with me and I cant sleep without someone with me. My SO works from 11pm to 7am. Anyway do you sleep with your LO? If so why?

edgpag

Asked by edgpag at 10:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I sleep with both of my children. I catch a lot of flack from my parents and all, but I do it because I know they're safe with me. My DH doesn't mind them in the bed (he swings shifts) and he's not always there! :D For me it's just a security issue.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I slept with my son until he was 8 months old. After that he got too squirmy .
    Anonymous

• i slept with my son on my chest literally until he was 2 weeks i think then i tried putting him in his own bed from then on... but usually put him in bed with me... now he is 2 1/2 and will rarely sleep with me DH doesn't like to share the bed
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My first child is 2yo now and when he was a baby he would NOT sleep with me he would cry until I put him buy himself.
    My daughter who is 1yo now used to sleep with us but she started to want to sleep by herself. So she has her own toddler bed now and she loves it.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• No.
    I dont believe in co-sleeping.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I did...it was easier.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I HAVE A HUGE FEAR OF ROLLING ONTO MY BABY SO I DON'T RECOMMEND IT. EVEN IF YOU ARE A 'LIGHT' SLEEPER.
    ashlina90

Answer by ashlina90 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yes, few couple of months I slept with him right next to me. But when he got bigger we finally got a crib for him. Now, every now and then we'll let him fall asleep with us and when he's in deep sleep we move him back to his crib. And every once in a while, I'll take a nap with him and so does his daddy. So we share naps together and maybe 2 or 3 times a week he'll fall asleep alone in his crib. I like it because that is another way we could bond. :)
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 11:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i have slept with all of my children. i was a single mother and only one bed soooooo.... now my son is older and he has no problems sleeping in his own bed so they do not become dependant, my middle child actually slept in the crib because she would roll off in her sleep and actually she is so clingy now that she is older and refuses to sleep alone. my newborn (6mo hahaha) sleeps with me because at first my husband would be gone and i myself dont like sleeping alone either, but now we are actully seperated and have only two beds so the girls sleep with me and my son alone. personally, i like to have them all with me anyway...
    JJ_RedPheonix

Answer by JJ_RedPheonix at 11:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have slept with ALL of my children. It is the best thing in the world! Why? it was just easier for me and made night time breastfeeding a breeze! Baby always slept better which , in return , means mommy slept better! Waking up to seeing my precious little one curled up next to me is a big bonus too!

Taerna

Answer by Taerna at 11:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2009