is 14 to young

is 14 too young to have a myspace and to be left alone with her bf in a room with the door open

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• myspace no.
    anytype of alone time.. me and my hubby (bf at the time) used to have sex in the living room under a blanket when my parents went to bed... which we were on one side of the wall they were on the other- LOL never give her too much trust if your against it at a young age.. really 14 is sooo soo young.
    Anonymous

• myspace, yes way to young, by 2 years infact. it says when signing up for your myspace account that you have to be 16 years old by law. if the doors open i would allow it, tht way you can always walk by her room to make sure everthing going ok :)
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Um myspace is ok as long as it is set to private. DO NOT leave them alone. I was 14 when I lost my virginity!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I dont think so if the door is open and you make a point to walk by often...... just make sure you are talking to ur child about sex and protection!! As for the myspace page i would ask that you have the password and can check on it whenever you would like!! Id honastly feel better about my kids alone in a bed room with their BF or GF with the door open cause at least i know who is in there you really never know who is on the other side of the computer screen!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• u have to be 16 for myspace so yes your child is to young
    Anonymous

• I want to say no it's not too young. I agree that if you just keep your profile private it would be okay. Oh the other question in my opinion yes I think it's way too young to be alone with any boy that ain't related to you.
    ashlina90

Answer by ashlina90 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• private profile or not, u have to be SIXTEEN for myspace. theres reasons for these rules, by your child haveing a myspace at 14 is meaning she LIED to be able to have a profile on the site
    Anonymous

• i say no to both. even with the door open, if they really wanted to they would figure out a way to do something. i say in the living roomwith the parents or an older trusted adult/family member and when you go to bed, he leaves. and as for the myspace. my cousin has one and she is 14 but i know her password and we have it set to where every message, comment, friend request gets sent to my e-mail address. (( the info on that stuff gets sent to the email address that is used to set up the account. and if she doesn't like that, well, no myspace.
    JacquiV

Answer by JacquiV at 11:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• myspace... well it says you have to be 16 so wait untill their 16. And as for having her bf in her room. If you want them to make out and/or more then yea go for it that is the exact way i ended up prego... fun times.
    almostamommyof2

Answer by almostamommyof2 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Myspace is fine.its not a big deal..make one yourself lol..My mom did ;) It can be privet and you can not put personal info..She will be fine. As for alone time with the BF...just be carful lol. I was sneaky
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2009