Why the Hump?

I have a male Shih Tzu puppy and Iv noticed that he likes to hump stuff. Is that normal or should something be done for him to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pets

• is he neutered?
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• He is not neutered. Is that the only way for him to stop?
    Anonymous

• it may just be a phase lots of younger dogs get them, i would call your vet and see if theres anything he can recamend to "calm" him down lol
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My male rottie humps alot too....think it's just a male thing....but my female rottie humps when she's in heat...my male it's just all the time!!
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• its a dominance thing
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It's normal, some dogs do that. My aunt has a Malti-Poo that does that. He has been neutered and still does it. Getting your dog nuetered may not stop his "humping habbit".
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 7:56 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• More than likley your dog needs to be nutered. He may also have a full anal gland that needs to be expressed. Altho they do do this action for donmince, but if you only have one dog , then I would ck out if he has any of the above issues. Will help hiking leg for peeing if you get him nutered. And then some dogs are just humpers and they love doing their thing. Good luck!
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 4:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2009