How close are you with your in-laws?

Are you close with your in-laws? Do you feel like they are your family as much as your own family is? Does your dh feel the same about your family?

danni33

Asked by danni33 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Surprisingly, I love my in-laws. Well, my MIL. We get along really well and she is like a second mom to me. If I need advice I ask both her and my mom and usually they both agree too. I guess we are a strange family. I like my MIL, my husband likes my mom, and my MIL and my mom like each other! Makes for great family visits! No fights. no arguments. no complaints! And lots of late night talks!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My in-laws are a lot more like my own family than my own family, lol. My husband does not feel the same way towards my family.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I love my in laws. I feel like i'm really apart of the family ever since the beginning. My fil is awesome. My mil has a lot of mental problems so we avoid her as much as possible but other than her the entire family is great!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 11:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I love my in-laws. I would do anything with them. My husband likes mine but he wouldn't go as far as to do anything with them lol.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 11:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My in laws are family. We don't spend that much time together but when we do we really enjoy ourselves.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 11:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My in-laws are distant. I love and respect my SIL, MIL and GIL but they are not as involved as I would like for them to be. My DH is way more involved with my family and he looks to them the same as to his own family.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i think that my in laws are wonderful people. esp mil. we work together so i see and talk to her on a daily basis. fil can be a little aggrevating to me at times but only because he gets ds all hyper and out of control at inappropriate times in my opinion. he also always wants to force to get him to eat his supper when sometimes he is just to hyper or distracted to eat. as far as dh and my family, i think that he feels the same with my grandparents but thats about it
    klbnkndsmm

Answer by klbnkndsmm at 11:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Oh and my BIL is great too! My FIL is ok. He has his moments but usually, when he visits, he behaves himself. LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Not very! My ILs were not supportive of dh marrying me because we are different races/cultures. We are civil to each other but we are not close... they are much friendlier with their other DIL who is the same race/culture. Unfortunately it's just one of those things that I don't think is ever going to change. Dh is not very close to them either... they were pretty 'hands off' parents when he was growing up and although he loves them he does not have much of a relationship with them. They are very different people. We are closer to my family, especially because we share a cottage with them in the summertime. But I don't think that dh considers them to be his family or anything like that.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I loved them at first but now they are driving me a little batty. However my MIL ALWAYS sides wit me over DH, and my MOM ALWAYS sides with DH over me LOL.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 1:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2009