Water filters or bottled water?

I just use tap water to drink at home. If I'm on vacation I'll just use bottled.
When I lived in Italy I generally boiled all the water we drank, especially since I had a toddler at the time.

Mikayla

Asked by Mikayla at 11:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have a pitcher that filters the water. I do not trust tap water and I don't like the taste of it anymore though I grew up on it and I liked it then.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We have reverse osmosis filtering here in San Diego. I love the water at my Aunt Maggie's...she's got a good well. The water comes out cold even in the summer (there's hot water too, but I'm referring to the cold water)...I mean cold enough to instantly give the glass that frosty delicious drink me I'm cold and refreshing look. And it tastes good, too! lol
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I prefer bottled but can dring whatever. I'm not that picky but when it comes to babies, I gave my son only bottled water until he was about a year and a half and now he doesn't like tap water.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I believe that most tap water is safe the U.S health department monitors this well. Tap water in America has fluoride and minerals that aren't found in overpriced nitrate laced bottled water. Water filters are a good investment to be on the safer side and to improve taste. Remember when the only bottled water was the chic Evian from France, now all beverage companies are bottling water they retrieve from the faucets of their factories

GINSMUM123

Answer by GINSMUM123 at 1:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I have a Brita water pitcher and I love it. We purchased this as a means to save a little money each month as we were avid bottled water drinkers. It just tastes better than tap. :) (IMO)
    Triplestack318

Answer by Triplestack318 at 8:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Filters, think about all the plastic it takes for all those bottles of water that people are so addicted to because they think it safer somehow.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• we have a pur water filter that sits on the faucet itself...all we do is turn the water on and turn the knob. and filtered water flows out. I have had it ever since i found out i was pregnant. and we just fill up a pitcher and put it in the fridge and always have cold filtered water.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• We have a Pur filter on the faucet as well and I bought reusable water bottles for the family...but if I cannot get my own water then I will opt for a bottle.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• we have the britta pitcher too it is nice...water bottles are a lifetime in a landfill if you dont recycle and that is not good for any of us.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009