induction ?

im having major gallballder attacks so my doctors have decided that by 36 or 37 weeks...if they still continue...they will induce me. how does induction work? do they give you a day or can you pick? is it more painful? and when can they give you an epidural?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh you will defently hear arguments to what I say, but I have been induced 3 times and think it's great. At my doctors appt. he asked what day would work for me and scheduled the day. I went in they started the patosin (can't spell it) within an hour I had my epidural. No pain I loved it!!!! My 1st labor was 12 hours, 2nd 5 hours, and 3rd 8hours. Not to bad.
    brandid

Answer by brandid at 11:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• There is a birth control pill size pill they insert in you. i dont remember the name. For me they startedwith a 3rd n kept giving a 3rd until my contractions started. They did hurt really bad for me. I got my epi about 30 mins after my contractions started and I was great and took a nap. My son was having trouble with his heart rate so I had to end up getting a c-section. That doesnt always happen when being induced. I was happy to have one though,it was stress for me with family so just me and my Fiance being in the room was perfect!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I was induced with my first (he was a week late) and I got to the hospital at 5:30...they gave me Pitocin at 6:00 and my epidural at 6:30. It was wonderful...I had a great experience. I know some people are against inductions, but I had a great experience with mine...and I didn't feel any pain at all! I'm due to have this one on Tuesday and if I don't have him before then, I will be induced Tuesday morning. But, my doctor doesn't think I'm going to make it until Tuesday...I hope he's right. While I loved being induced and was able to enjoy my whole labor/deliver, I'd love to go into labor on my own and experience that as well. Although, I may change my mind when I start feeling the contractions :) I have no idea what a contraction feels like since I didn't feel any with my first!
    audreybreier

Answer by audreybreier at 3:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009