Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son spilled bleach at his grandmas and it burned his bottom. should we see a doctor?

he's 10 months, his diaper protected most of his butt, but his legs are burnt and red with brownish patches, it loks like it might start to bubble up.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Kids' Health

Answers (8)
  • You need to get there IMMEDIATELY!! Babies skin is much different than adults. This needs to be treated and VERY soon!!!

    Answer by mommahawk03 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • if you don't see a dr, it would be neglecting his needs

    Answer by bttrfly8605 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • I agree with need to go now and possibly call ahead to your local ER or child's Ped. I wish the best for your son.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • Yes you definatly do. Take him to the er if you have to. Or an urgent care. Get to a doctor as soon as you can. He can get infections and I dont even know what else!!!

    Answer by MommyMel03 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • Yes, go now if you haven't already gone. Take grandma to explain and don't be surprised if a social worker comes to talk to you its just routine. Take care

    Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 2:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • yes yes yes yes go now!

    Answer by klpeter at 2:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • yes its very important you go

    Answer by Patience1 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • GO NOW!!!!!!! Call your ER if you doubt this!

    Answer by rosetoes at 2:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.