Could i have twins?

my husbands mom is a twin. but he has a brother thats never had twins just all girls.
but ive never had a baby. is it possible?

Wytegirl

Asked by Wytegirl at 11:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its possible anytime yes.
    Anonymous

• Yes it is possible! I was prego with twins once. The grandma was a twin (although her twin died during pregnancy). I hear that you should eat LOTS of yams to concieve twins. If you don't like yams you can take a pill called YAMS500 or something like that. It is just dried yams.
    Anonymous

• Everyone has the same chance of having identical twins... roughly 1 in 285.
    The chance of having faternal twins has many variables...
    A woman who is a faternal twin has a much higher chance... about 1 in 17
    Older women are more likely... about 1 in 27 for women over 35
    A woman who already has a set of faternal twins is 4 times more likely to have another set.

Your husbands mom - no matter what type of twin - will have no effect on your chances. If it was up to your husband, you would give birth to millions of babies each time. It's how many eggs you release (for faternal twins) or if the embryo splits in half (for identical twins) that matters.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• They say it skips a generation...so say your grandma was a twin then yes you could have twins. But that's just an old wives tale.
    sassygoddess

Answer by sassygoddess at 11:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• if your hubby has twins in his family, then there's definately a good chance you could have twins
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Twins that run in family's usually skip a generation in between, but anything is possible. My Grandfather on both sides were twins. My mom's mom had twins. My mom's older sister had twins. And my ex husband was a twin. I was scared, lol.
    SheriBaby415

Answer by SheriBaby415 at 1:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2009