how do i kn0w

okay so i know this sit is susposed to be for moms but im not a mom just a teen. but my question is how do i know if my parents really like my bf ? how do i know that they dont just act to keep me happy? if they dont like him how could i get them to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• hahahahahaha
    Anonymous

• cafemom not cafe teen drama. if they didnt like him you would know and if they didnt like him there isnt much you can do
    Anonymous

• Tell you what. Don't sleep with him! Talk to your folks. If they don't like him find out why. If it is something that is not fixable then bye bye bf. Dating is an interview for marriage! Think of this....if you marry this boy how would your family life be? Is he respectful to your folks? (that is a big one). Does he like to be around your family? Does he treat you good? All the time? Does he have bad habits? Smoke? Drugs? Pick his nose? Scratch his butt then smell his fingers? (trust me I knew a guy that did this! EWWW!!!!) I have no problem giving advice. I have to here about this crap from my sis about her daughters bf. Good luck!
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 11:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Dont listen to anon they are just dumb for being mean!
    And i think you would know if they didnt like him.
    And if they are just making it seem like they like him just to make you happy.
    then you should be glad because there aint ALOT of parents like that.
    If you need anymore advice about anything message me!
    Im 18 and think i can help you out with any question you have!
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• thaks for the two being actually helpful an nice! havent you evr herd if you dnt have anything nice to say then dont say nothing at alll im 15 an have herd it im sure yall have parents shold be thankful for kids who try to get advice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well, does he treat you nicely? Is he polite to both you and your parents? Does he interact with any of your brothers or sisters? (if you have any) Does he have the same interests as you? Is he clean? (takes showers, doesn't smell bad) Is he nervous around your dad? (Dad's like that) Does he keep his word? (calls or comes over when he says he will) If you answer yes to these I would think your parents like him. They just might not want him to know it so he will be on his best behavior around you and them. Parents don't like it when some punk kid takes advantage of their hospitality or YOU their daughter.

shouldbsleepin

Answer by shouldbsleepin at 12:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yes he is very nice to me an my mom and my brother an 2 sisters he never has lied to me or disrespeted me or my parents he is very afriad of my dad they hadly ever talk he is very clean he comes over when i ask an always comes to get me (with his mom or dad) when he says he will so im hopein they like him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My daughter is 14 and currently dating a 16yr old boy. We both like him so far and have met his parents too. Unless your parents tell you that they don't like him I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's hard for us to see our kids getting involved with someone. We worry that you'll get hurt and stuff. Is this your first boyfriend? I ask because it is an adjustment for us to deal with the fact that your growing up and we can't protect you as much as we'd like. I'm sure your parents will let you know. It may take them a little while to decide and they might not want to discuss it too much with you. The last thing a parent wants is to argue over a boy. Good luck!!!
    shouldbsleepin

Answer by shouldbsleepin at 12:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• its not my first boyfriend its thre first one ive ever brought home
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You should just ask your parents. It would give me the best feeling to know that my child wanted my approval on the person she/he was dating. It shows that you respect and value their opinion even though it's your choice who you date. I think as long as he is respectful to you and your family and he makes you happy you probably don't have anything to worry about.
    Everyone was afraid of my dad too when I was younger (he wanted it that way) but it's only because he wanted the best for me. He use to say that if a guy liked me enough and was worth it, then he would have the balls to approach him. I agreed. I'm married now and as long as i'm happy, he's happy. : ) Good luck!
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2009