Attention all mommy's who have a 7 month old baby what milestones should I be on the look out for? My daughter began to crawl a week before her fifth month bday so what's next? She sometimes tries to pull herself up on things. Thanks Jaeleen's Mommy

JaeleensMommy

Asked by JaeleensMommy at 11:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The next thing, IMO, is the putting herself into a sitting position. Not just being able to sit unassisted, but putting herself there.
    My daughter began with that after crawling, and I could tell she sould be doing it when she would kinda flip onto her side and look at us that way. Slowly she would be more and more upright holding herself up with one hand, until one day she was sitting, and now she does it like she has always been doing it.
    After that will be pulling herself up on things, but only standing on her knees, and then making the transition from knees to standing on her feet.

That's how my daughter progressed, each thing happened about 3 weeks apart, and she is 8 months old now.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• The charts at BabyCenter are the best...
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-7-to-12-months_1496587.bc
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You should really buy the book "What to Expect the First Year". I started with "What to Expect When Your Expecting" and they are the best investment EVER. I would always read a couple of months ahead just to have an idea of where my son's development was. They also answer several questions from nutrition to sleeping habits to illness's, even things you would never think to ask.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yea my dd didnt crawl until 12 months and didnt pull her self up onto things until 13 months. at 5 months it would be sitting up, sitting up alone, getting herself to the sit up position. but if they dont reach them quickly i wouldnt be too concerned. i was terrified something was wrong with dd because physically she was so slow but ended up she was super smart just lazy as heck ahah
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 12:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Please tell me what DD means I am totally clueless
    JaeleensMommy

Answer by JaeleensMommy at 2:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2009