what should i do

my 14 yr old daughter was invited to her friends bday party an her friend told her that they would be drinkin going on so when my daughter got home she said mom my friend asked me to come to her party but htere will be drinking going on and im chosing to not even ask to go because i diont want to make a bad edsicion . so i was very happy with thiss choice but how do i get her other friends to make the right choice to not go to this party im really close with some of her frieds an want to help them make a good choice too any advicwe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Have a little get together without drinking on the same night.
    Anonymous

• Let your daughter tell them herself that she is not going and her reasons for it, and allow them to come over on the same night to stay the night and maybe have some type of movie marathon or something of that sort. And while they are there (if any of them choose to come) sit them down and tell them how proud you are that they chose to come to your house instead.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would personally call the other parents, and then the night of the party I would call the police and say that you heard there is going to be underage drinking at the party. I'm glad that your daughter is making such a grown decision! However the fact that there is going to be drinking at this party is unacceptable and should be reported.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 11:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have to agree throw a safe party with no drinking but plenty of great fun.
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 12:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I would give the parents of the teen having the party and give them a heads up. I would also consider telling your daughter not to hang out with that friend. Friends that start to party way to young, or even have "party" on their brains can't be good. It's sad, isn't it but that's been my experience. The girls that show up at your daughters "safe party" will also show you which of her friends are in the same mind state and who share the same morals.
    SheriBaby415

Answer by SheriBaby415 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• The idea to have a safe "no drinking" party is a great idea. Set the right example for your daughter's friends, as you've obviously done for your daughter. You should be very proud of her for doing the right thing. Congrats!!!!
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2009