THE WORST GIFT GIVER ON THE PLANET

What is the absolute worst gift your husband has ever given you? My husband has never been very good at buying me gifts so i don't expect them but one year after we had been married 5 years i told him that it might be nice to get something for valentines day. On that day i was in the bathroom when he comes in and hands me a plastic bag from the drugstore. Inside is a bottle of $7.oo perfume. He says "i know you won't like it but i had to get something" Oh, he did get me a card and signed it with his full name,first,middle and last.No I LOVE YOU or BE MINE,just his legal signature! I don't know if i was more insulted by the actual gift or that he handed it to me while i was sitting on the toilet!!! In spite of that we have been married now for 24 years,and no he does not buy me gifts anymore i get what i want and make him pay for it!!!

sweetheartpink

Asked by sweetheartpink at 11:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ummm.... i dont know my hubby has always gotten me what i want but my ex once got me this key chain for Christmas
    Anonymous

• My ex bought a dirt devil for my birthday!!! Then right after that the Leah Remini commercial saying "Guys, that's like buying your girlfriend a vacuum for her birthday!" I was pretty mad, but my ex blushed when he saw the commercial (especially after he had called me "ungrateful.")
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My hubby picks out stuff that just stinks like a skunk, or something my grandmother would wear, so i got to the point i just make him pay for it too cause he really doesn't know what i need anyway and if i don't use it he knows goes to the goodwill
    Anonymous

• i am sorry to hear that.some men just dont get it and never do. Maybe give him a list of 3 things you want and have him pick one for you so its still a suprise.

My Fiance is a great gift giver...I always tell him what I like and would love to have so he keeps it in his brain and when he sees it on sale or my birthday or christmas is coming he will give it to me. For v-day we usually just do cards and he will give me flowers. v-day isnt a big holiday for either of us. Now we have a son v-day will be all about our son and us baking and doing crafts together.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my SO is really good at buying gifts... USUALLY but one xmas i bought him everything he asked for and he handed me a bag of bath and body works lotion, not wrapped or anything. in the weirdest scents possible... lol its funny now but on xmas it was not so funny i was kinda like ummmm what should i do with all this lotion
    Anonymous

• I am not married but i have been with so for 5 1/2 yrs and last yr he gave me a candel from his moms house and a pair of his mom ear rings and this yr i got a pair of sweats..lol atleast they were new never worn
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My SO is a pretty good gift giver iv never been disapointed on what he gave me although the card thing like the original poster said bugs me its never I LOVE YOU or anything its just always signed Daniel....... its really bugs me sometimes id just rather him write something nice in a card then go and spend 300 bucks on a gift!! but again he is a good gift giver!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Isn't it the thought that counts, I am grateful for whatever my husband decides I am worthy of, but my least favorite was our 1st valentine's day he brought me a giant balloon and roses. (Too impracticle for my taste.)
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 12:28 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Men have no clue. The worst present I got was from my ex. I was going with the country theme back then, ya know the stuff at craft fairs and whatnot. I forgot which holiday it was but he bought me a small wooden block with a bee stamped on it. It actually had the word bee in country styled letters, with little dots on the end of the letters, written on top. What was he thinking? Dunno!
    SheriBaby415

Answer by SheriBaby415 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I can't complain too much. My husband really does think and shop long and hard for an appropriate gift to give to me. He especially worries about choosing just the right card - it has to be very sentimental and say just about exactly what he would wish to say. The only things I have that I find useless are shot glasses. I don't drink! They are just dust collectors now...LOL...but I will never get rid of them because he bought them in foreign countries and thought the colors and pictures were pretty. Oh, I love it when he hears a song that has lyrics that he would love to say to me so he writes them down in a card and gives it to me as a gift. Those are so precious to me - especially when he draws little hearts around my name.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2009