How can I get my potty-training daughter to poop???

Ever since I have been potty training my daughter, she has chosen NOT to poop. Once in awhile she will do it on her own, however, 99% of the time she holds it until it hurts so bad she just "goes" where she stands.....LITERALLY.
What can I do to help her know to go when she urges rather than it hurt too bad to hold it any longer?????

johnsangel

Asked by johnsangel at 11:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take her into the bathroom and tell her that you will read to her while she poops on her potty.
    It worked for my kids both at 11 months trained. It worked for our foster kids and the daycare kids. They make potty time a good time.
    Jesusiswelcome

Answer by Jesusiswelcome at 11:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My son didn't really do it till he saw big sissy (6 years old) sit on the pot, poop, and he got to look at it. Afterward he wanted to make a poop too :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009