Tax refunds

What place or site gives you the fastest refund? Last year we used H&R block and it took about a month for us to get our money..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• WWW.TAXFREEDOM.COM this site is awesome! But I believe that no matter what site it just takes that long for the IRS to process the returns.
    Anonymous

• i went to h&r block and did rapid refund and got it that day
    carolinagirl820

Answer by carolinagirl820 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• H&R Block gets your refund to you in 10 days if you have direct deposit. It's the only way to go for me.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We waited a MONTH!!! :( It was a direct deposit also..Grrrrrrr..
    I should add that my husband is military,,
    Anonymous

• H&R Block and all those "name brand" places have what is called a RAL (refund anticipation LOAN) thats the only way you get it same day/with in a week. It has outrageous fees associated with it. Otherwise you have to wait the 4-12 WEEKS it takes the government to process it.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 1:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• We used Turbo Tax and did direct deposit and got our refund in less than 14 days.
    TurboTax has free online software for standard returns, but you probably have to pay for the e-file.
    It was $35 last year for Federal and State e-file.

If you purchase their products they included e-file in the price this year. I don't know if that applies to all versions.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If you efile and it gets approved by tomorrow (well, the 22nd) and you choose to have your refund direct deposited, the IRS is supposed to send the money to your account on January 30th. It doesn't really matter who does the taxes. I efiled and prepared my own taxes for free using turbotax and should be getting my refund around the 30th. I've done the same thing for the past 6 years and I always get my refund direct deposited within about 10 days. The rapid refund thing that you can get the same day is a LOAN that you pay interest on, like Kari Noelle said, but it doesn't take the IRS 4-12 weeks to process your return. Here is where you can find the IRS's refund cycle chart: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 2:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• E file with the IRS w direct deposit. Typically, your refund will be in your bank account the following week.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 8:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I really am blown away that people are still paying for RAL's. Go to Turbotax or H&R block and do your taxes. Efile for free with direct deposit. The IRS has them deposited within 10 days. Why pay a huge fee when it's just a couple more days.
    Anonymous