How hard can I jiggle my baby?

My DH and I are arguing about how hard to bounce our baby I say hes doing it to hard hes says hes not whats the right amount? DS doesnt cry or anything and is happy so....... The right answer is DH is wrong !!

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my mom always got nervous when my hubby would sit her on shoulders and bounce her and race around the room, but DD loved it! i love it every time i had/have her on my knee, i'd bounce her: "uhyuhyuhyuhyuhyuhyuh!" so cute
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 4:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• lol, I may catch some shit for this, but I put my daughter up in the air and just jiggle her a little and she cracks up, she loves it!

I think it has to be some pretty significant shaking to cause any damage.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I say if she is happy and smiling it is fine. She would cry if it hurt or was getting her dizzy.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• When a baby understands its a game, I think they are slightly prepared for the "shakes" . . . violent shakes are like whiplash, which no one can possibly prepare for! There is always a limit, but in play, regular shakes should be fine . . use your instincts!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• HAHA CAROLYN I USE TO THE SAME WITH OUT SON.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I love to hold my DS up in the air and jiggle him... he LOVES it and giggles and smiles!! I think it is more about how strong their heads/necks are and if they like it or start screaming. Also SHAKING to the point their heads are violently shaking and stuff is what you are not supposed to do.
    KAYDENSMOMMlE

Answer by KAYDENSMOMMlE at 12:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009