What can I do about my loud 2 year old?

I'm trying to teach him the difference between screaming and a normal voice and whispering. He gets a kick out of whispering, but he just LOVES to scream! He will be 2 tomorrow....is he able to really control his volume at this point? I mean he just discovered that he can scream fairly recently.
Is there any way I can get him to be quiet when I need him to? I have a 6 month old and he's always waking her up!

Paesana82

Asked by Paesana82 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Idk... maybe try to explain to him that being loud and screaming is an outside voice. and if he does that inside he will be waking up his sister. And while being indoors he needs to use his inside voice... ( I'm sure you already tried this, but thats all I got) : )
    AsaGarrett

Answer by AsaGarrett at 12:56 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My 2 yr old little girl loves to scream also,lol.Its very normal,he may also feel a little bit jealous with the new baby,especially if he is just recently doing this.Maybe he feels that when he screams he can get your attention.My 2 girls are 21 months apart and I know it is very hard to share your attention.My younger child has gotten use to the noise and she just sleeps straight thru it lol.
    BoutiqueMommy

Answer by BoutiqueMommy at 2:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i used to have the same problem with my sons.. they are grown now. but i taught them the inside voice and the outside voice.. j ust keep repeating it.. and dont' YELL.. don't talk LOUD lol.. stay patient.. he will get it evenutally.. mine did. i used to take the bus with them for hours and they used to get on the bus and say ok.. inside voice now. and they were about 4 and 6.. it takes time. good luck lolololol
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2009