30 weeks pregnant and no weight gain?!

I am 30 weeks 2 days today and I haven't gained any weight since I got pregnant. I started my pregnancy at 150 and I am down to 140 as of today. What is even more strange is that I received the results of my 3 hour glucose and it came back elevated so I was told I have gestational diabetes. I would think that since I supposedly have GD I would have gained a lot more weight by now. My OB doesn't seem too worried, (though sometimes I think she is too busy to notice because I don't even see her look at my weight anymore at my appointments) about the fact that I haven't gained anything yet but do you ladies think it is normal?

IsaiahsSqshy

Asked by IsaiahsSqshy at 12:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• WOw i really have no idea. I wouldnt think its normal being this far in your pregnancy.
    Do you even have a belly yet?
    Are you showing at all?
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• some women Do lose weight instead of gain. if you're really concerned, speak up! if you'd like, you can have some of my weight..im 27wks and have gained 40lbs so far
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i agree some women are that way if she is not concerned then i wouldnt worry to much lol tnteaton lol ive gained like 20 i think im 26 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Wow, that's a tricky one. I would ask my Dr. I didn't gain any weight till around 5 mo into my pregnancy. I have only gained 20 pounds and I am 28 weeks, today. ~:o
    SheriBaby415

Answer by SheriBaby415 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Your weight gain should only matter if it is affecting the size of the baby. Have you had an ultrasound recently? Are you measuring small with the tape measure? If so, demand an ultrasound. I had only gained 13 lbs by my 35 week appt and was measuring small. Had an ultrasound the next day and found out my baby hadn't been growing right. He ended up being 5 lbs 4 oz when he was born, which was 3 days before my due date. All my dates were correct which is also important.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i think you may want to get a second opinion if your ob is not concerned, or seems too busy, then you should try to get another ob to let you if this is not normal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• when u got diabetes some people lose weight and some gain my hubby has it different then what u got but u get my drift any way there was a friend who was scared of not gaining weight when she was prego and you should get an ultra sound from ur doc for her baby wasn't growing as fast as it should and she had a baby who was missing some brain they thought but really wasn't and my friend had a dwarf baby not to scare u but u should make sure ur baby is growing right and measures right from ur doctor
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 2:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2009