were you drinking while pregnant before you knew?

if so, how much and was your baby ok?

expectingno.1

Asked by expectingno.1 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• I was working at a bar when I got pregnant. So yeah, I was drinking quite a bit. At least 3 beers a night plus shots. I quit as soon as I found out and my baby girl was fine.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I didn't drink regularly, but I went out with some friends and got majorly trashed one night, then had a few drinks when my parents were visiting. I found out I was pregnant at about six weeks, maybe less and stopped drinking, obviously. She was absolutely fine.
    Jmum

Answer by Jmum at 1:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• same here, except lilbit was serving me the drinks...haha..i was on my third beer, and i don't know which cigarette at the very instant i realized i hadn't had a period for a while...didn't have anything else to drink or smoke until after baby was born..big, 9lb, healthy, all toes and fingers accounted for, etc. actually, my first alcoholic drink was when he was 3 months old, after our wedding ceremony..and the cigs didn't come back until 3 years later..sad to say.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I got pregnant around the 4th of July. I was drinking like 5 beers a night, shots, and smoking pot. I stoped drinking when I got my BFP at 4 weeks. I told my Doctor everything. Your Docter will tell you too. Everything will be fine but do not drink any more. I didn't. Drinking does the most damage as you go later into pregnancy.

_Sammie_

Answer by _Sammie_ at 1:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I went out of a friday and had 2 mixed drinks. On Monday I went for a regular checkup and found out I was preg. My son now 15 has FAE and possibly aspergers syndrome (waiting for testing). He is also very small (5' 6" and 101 pounds) Very skinny
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I had a few drinks on several occasions before realizing I was pregnant with my son. I was worried about it, but he turned out just fine.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 2:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2009