how can I ever bring a man in my life and take care of my 17autism son

To futher help with this question, I have had only two men that have truley wanted to be a part of are live's. The thing is they always want o come over and try to get to no my son which is nice ,then they start having all these different idea's on how I should do thing's or cluless on the fact that my life is in such a rountine mode that to bring another person into the picture would be like having to restructer my life to throw are whole routine off, I feel also they would have to learn how to talk to him how to deal w/me while I am taking care of him to show him how to deal with taking care of my son the whole thing is I feel I will alway be alone the effort it will take after just one day of are live I am frazzeld,to throw another person into the mix I don't know how I will ever find the strenght,,,

MommyJanice44

Asked by MommyJanice44 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• You have lost yourself to the autism.
    By that I mean YOU have had such a routine life for so long that you can not handle changing your routine. YOU won't let anybody in because YOU have done it YOUR way (& it probably works for you & your ds) for so long. You are right about being very cautious about who you let into your ds's life. However, there are some good men out there that may not do it your way or handle it as good as you but they are willing to try. Girl, it is time that you take a deep breath & start to live again. YOU DO NOT HAVE AUTISM, your ds does. You are a good mom but if you would chill out maybe you could be a good woman too. Dress up, relax, light some candles, play some music & dance in your living room. Take one step at a time but at least start taking steps for yourself.
    I too am a mom of an autistic ds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I found myself in a similar situation but my daughter was 10 at the time. I seriously thought I could never have another man in my life because of all the things you fear, I had the same fears and then also the fact that I had a daughter so I had the fear of a man having to maybe change her diaper and all the fears of her some how being sexually abused and not being able to tell me, because she can't talk. I stopped looking for that man, that relationship and one day I looked up and I was engaged and now I have been married for 11 years. It can happen for you to my friend.
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 5:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Well this is good to know, MrsAJLaw, and good question MommyJanice, I think of this often myself.
    kitty068

Answer by kitty068 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010