my 11 week old will not take a bottle from any one i have tryed diff. bottles but still no luck any advice?

i have been nursing since she was born 20 min old and she continued to eat for an hr. she loves to nurse and i love to feed her but i somtimes need a break i have two older childern who need me too. i will try just about anything i am a stay at home mom but i want to be able to leave for a few hrs and not come home to a screaming and upset 2 month old.

jannie1025

Asked by jannie1025 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you in the house when the bottle is given? You cannot be, Hand baby and bottle to caregiver, LEAVE. Baby will take the bottle when truly hungry.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• while you are home, invest in a sling.. or a wrap... or one of those pea pod things to nurse the baby in. that leaves you hands free, etc.

when you hand the baby to you SO or someone else. Leave, so she wont know you are there, like gdiamante said. :) she will take it if she's hungry. What worked for my dd were the playtex drop in nursers.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• we have tryed playtex drop in, nuk the new one, soothy, standerd and so for nothing. my mom has tried to give it to her but she still will not take one, my mom can't take the screaming for more than a few min. so i may need to have someone elts try my husband would but he gets flustered when he can't fix it right away. haha i am the one who will sit with her and calm her down when she works her self up and maybe that is the proublem too i don't know just would like to be able to leave and see a friend or have some me time i am lucky if i can take a shower alone.
    jannie1025

Answer by jannie1025 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i had the same problem with my now 5 month old when she was two months she would take a bottle so one day i just laid down beside her asif i was going to feed her and held a small vent air bottle right beside my brest and she ate from a bottle from then on.... good luck
    kelseymoma

Answer by kelseymoma at 1:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• had same problem with my now 3 yr old.  She was breastfed and I couldn't do anything and all she wanted to do was eat.  So I started pumping I had to get those playtex drop in with the brown nipple and I would wear my shirt all day when my husband came home I would get him to feed her.  After about the 3rd day she started taking it.  He would put my shirt on his chest so she could still smell me but he was holding her.  This is the way I got her to sleep in her own bed as well.  And now I miss her lol!!  But she has a hyper 1 yr old brother to take up the space.  lol!!  good luck, hand in there it will work out!

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 3:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2009