Any good single mom tips?

Going through a rough divorce, my son and i are on our own and it is sinking in what that is going to mean. Ive been pretty bummed out, starting to have trouble getting motivated to get some things done since we just relocated and all... just looking for some words of wisdom to make it through this tough time. My son will be 1 next week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Here is what I suggest.. turn your thinking around.. make this into an adventure. I know it sounds scary and all, but go smash a glass in the kitchen, throw the mess away and along with that glass, throw away all the negativity. Throw away the mess of the past. Now, pick yourself up, shake yourself off and never, I repeat, NEVER look back. Now is the time for you and your son to begin anew, fresh, a whole new life together. Always think positively in whatever comes your way. Raise your son by thinking how you want him to treat his own family someday. Make him into a good man. Give yourself plenty of time before you begin dating again. CONT
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• When and if you are ever ready, make a list of all the qualities you want and deserve in a man and then you can begin to look again. Another tip, never bring a new man home.. especially not with a child in the house... give yourself plenty of time before you get "involved". Enough time that you know this person inside and out and that you want to spend your life with him, before exposing your son to anything bad. He is your responsibility to guard and protect in life. Do your best in everything you do.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2009