When you have guests, do you have them take their shoes off? If not, do you get offended when you have to take your shoes off to someone else's home?

erlsk

Asked by erlsk at 12:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I demand all shoes be removed in my home and I take them off in others. Think about yourself walking in and out of public restrooms all day.. People pee and puke and whatnot on those floors... You walk thru spit on the ground and then think about tracking that into your home. Yuck!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't ask people to take their shoes off, but I'm not bothered when asked to do so.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I also like the shoes to come off . . ewww and I certainly have no problem removing my own shoes . . germs are germs . . ewww!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• No and NO
    _Sammie_

Answer by _Sammie_ at 1:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My shoes come off the minute I egt inside anybody's house. I hate shoes. Always have and always will.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 1:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes, everyone who comes in my house takes their shoes off. I had them do it when I lived in the states and in Korea (where we're stationed) is customary to take your shoes off when we go into a restaurant or into certain shops.

xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 1:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes everyone including the cable guy takes his shoes off.  There is NO option if you don't take them off we will let you stand on the porch rain or shine.  We are Muslim so there are NO shoes allowed at ALL inside.  I take my shoes off even if others don't in other's homes as well.  I've had people say " NO dont worry about it" but I do anyway!  It's respectful to me

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 3:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't usually have guests take their shoes off. Well, I have kids take them off when they come to visit, but not usually adults. My family doesn't wear shoes in the house ever.

If someone asked me to take mine off at their house then I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    InsanitySpeaks

Answer by InsanitySpeaks at 9:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yes, eveyone who comes to my house automatically take theirs off- they have since we had our house built.. :)
    Anonymous

• Shoes must come off!!! I have a 7 month old that is on the floor alot and its a full time job keeping the floor clean from ordinary stuff let alone, the grossness that is associated with shoes.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 1:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009