when you go grocery shopping, do you wipe the cart with those antibacterial wipes?

I never have, but after reading a question on here earlier that was talking about people not washing their hands after using the bathroom, I'm thinking twice! Thinking about someone putting their dirty hands on the cart, then me touching it and touching all the fresh produce, etc...YUCK!!!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I do! I carry a small pack of clorox wipes that way if the store does not have wipes I am prepared to clean. I have a shopping cart cover for my baby to sit in in the cart so he can't touch it and then I clean the basket part for my 18 month old. Carts are so gross and people do not wash their hands frequently and there are so many germs. I wash my cart cover every week too. You can say i'm paranoid I don't care. My kids are healthy and very rarely get sick. I think this helps a lot. I clean the highchairs at restaraunts too!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 11:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I do now eversince I saw this whole segment on TV about the carts being extremely dirty and to have your kids sit on it, ewwww!
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 12:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You bet I do! I have been using hand sanitizer every since I worked in the medical field, about 10 years now! You should see those studies of a bowl of candy or chips or anything not covered... what they find in there from people not washing their hands.. YUCK!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes if they are available when u get your shopping cart.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• The dispenser is usually empty when I get my cart, but I always have a little bottle handy...and once my son is big enough to sit in the cart, I'll bring my own wipes in!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i dont. But I recently saw a lady with a big bottle of lysol. She was sprayn the cart all over... was so funny. i dont blame her!!!!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• No I don't you can't stop the germs you know.  I mean money is the nastiest thing you gonna wipe that down as well?  lol!!  We just have to start by cleaning ourselves and our hands and kids hands then slowly we all are doing it

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 3:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2009