• In the Spotlight:

i really need to know if cow n gate bedtime milk is enough for my 9m old

as it can only be giving once a day before bed, or does she still need formula milk aswell??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A 9 month old definately needs formula if she is not getting breast milk. Cows milk should not be relied upon until 12 months of age, and even then a vitamin supplement is recommended. I suggest you check out Mayo-Clinics nutrition site for info on milk requirements. At 9 months they are not digesting their solids well enough to get all their nutrition from foods, and whole cows milk has a different protein and fat ratio than formula.
    Kellygrrl

Answer by Kellygrrl at 3:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• you could try it but also if you do, she will see the difference in them and might want da whole milk instead of the formula. the doctors say to give her formula until the age of 12months for a reason. they need as much vitamins they can get.
    mommy_marisol

Answer by mommy_marisol at 3:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Are you in the UK? Just wondering because I can't find cow and gate here and I love it! My cousin sent me a package when my son was born, and it had cow and gate formula in it. I think regular formula during the day is fine, unless your bfing.

Yeah... I don't think the first two posters read the question thoroughly, I didn't see anything about cows milk in the question.
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 4:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• click on the following link to see what cow and gate is:
    http://www.cowandgate.co.uk/our_products/baby_milks/goodnight_milks  

OP: I think oohpfg is right, that during the day your baby is still going to need regular formula, unless your bfing :)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2008