Spanking children

Do u think it is okay to spank your child with your hand on there bottom? If yes would u do it in public?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes and Yes.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My kids are teens (and very well behaved I must say) so I don't spank them now..they're bigger than me and it just doesn't work that way anymore. But when they were a lot younger I used to spank them at home only. There are too many opinionated people out there that will verbally attack you in public. I know the difference between discipline and abuse and I never needed nor wanted a strangers advice.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes and yes for me also I say respect starts at home
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i never did spank my kids but i think i need to on how they act...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes, and no...because I don't want to be chastised in front of my children, and there most likely would be someone around to get in my face about it! I also won't argue with my husband in public, though...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• No. I do not think hitting is ever right.
    _Sammie_

Answer by _Sammie_ at 1:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yes and I take them to the bathroom or home. Usually if people are around you get an earfull and the cops called. I know the difference between disipline and abuse.
    MomOf2Js2

Answer by MomOf2Js2 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes, and and sometimes. If the child is older I tend not to spank, but sometimes a little embarrassment goes a long way into helping a child behave properly.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• nope and nope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes and Yes I'm lucky that where we live you can spank your child in public and not a big deal is made out of it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009