This is some BULLS***!! A little vent...

My father in-law is in the hospital for a aortic tear in the 'arch' area of the heart. He went into surgery 9pm last night, got out of surgery today at around noon or so or so today. Well my husband called his employer to let them know what happened, just wasn't the 4 hrs they require before hand. Well tonight he goes in, and gets disciplinary action against him!! WTF?!?!! That can't be right!! Its not like his dad told him, "Well son I am thinking of having open heart surgery tonight, I might die once when they start prepping me, so I will try to give you 4 hrs advanced notice for ya" Grrrr if it wasn't for the fact jobs are as scarce as water in the Sahara Desert, I wished he could have told them to shove the job up their ass!!

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2012 in Money & Work

• That is some BS!!! I just bitch slapped his boss with my mind for you.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2012

• Your husband should contact the EEOC in your state and file a complaint. You can find the number in the government section of the phone book. This situation may fall under FMLA and his employer can get in trouble for writing him up. Or like bubblycute said, if he is in a union, he needs to call his rep.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2012

• daaaamn!

i blame dad for not planning in advance!

seriously though let's TP the bastards for having less compassion than a mollusk
    feel for you Michigan, that's some BS
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2012

• If he has FMLA leave then he can use that. his bosses are assholes!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2012

• Yeah, invoke FMLA if you can. I think they were out of line.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 12:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• His boss is an asshat and has obviously never had to deal with something like this. Even the military is understanding of this sort of situation!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• LOL, yes asshat, it is an insult that I love to use.

AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:49 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• yeah...karma will bite hard on that bosses butt. and when the 'boss' come in complaining about having a flat tire or something just as petty...it will happen.... tell you hubby to be ready to spout a kind retaliation his way. something he/boss will recollect.in your hubbys hour of need. Hugs
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2012

• I feel for you! That seemed way out of line.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2012

• Is he in a union? If so I'd recommend him contact his union rep, or maybe speak to his boss and show proof his dad had open heart surgery to remove the discipline action :( Some employers can just be so insensitive.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 11:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2012