how do i cut ties with my ex?

just went through messy divorce, i have full custody ofour son. my ex has been emotionally abusive the whole way and i know he is trying to reel me back in but i feel like a zombie, just answering to his beck and call still. i take his calls and we text eachother and he is nice... then horribly mean and it starts all over. i want to start over and put him behind me to be the best mom for my son. i feel so trapped but i can't let go, how do i move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't text him or call unless it related to your son. Keep the topic on him only! If he goes into something else just say oh I have to go now., I will update you on XXX later.
    NiHao

Answer by NiHao at 12:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Its gonna be hard but ignore his texts and phone calls. Only do emails and only refer to your son, that way you have it all in writing if he flips again. Keep everything short and sweet.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 1:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• im goin through the same thing, i alreasy have a new guy but i cant stop talkin to my ex , we have 2 kids . he was abusive also i just dont know how to let him go for good . its weird i hate him for all the stuff he did cut i cant cut ties for good.
    kristina_29

Answer by kristina_29 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009