Handmade gifts

I am trying to make a necklace for a special occasion of a dear friend. I am not a pro at it yet so there will be a few flaws. My question is would you rather it be bought and perfect or handmade with someones thought and time put into it but not so perfect.

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Handmade would mean a lot more to me. Search on youtube for tutorials....there are many. GL

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• I prefer handmade

Answer by Dardenella at 7:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Handmade.

Answer by DJDNY at 8:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Homemade

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 8:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• handmade..

Answer by jack1421 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• handmade all the way!

Answer by noel1978 at 8:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Thanks ladies!!!!

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Definitely handmade. I had a friend who gave me her first scarf that she knitted. In no way is it perfect but I love it. I choose it over my scarfs that I have bought.

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• To be honest, handmade would mean a lot to me, but only if the results were good.

I would rather have something bought that looks "presentable" than a poorly done gift. If someone (other than a child) gave me something that looked slapped together, I would feel that they didn't think enough of me or our relationship to take the time to learn to do it well before offering the product of their "skills" to me.

Yes, there is special sentiment in something handmade, but also in something done well.

Answer by ss_mom at 3:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Depends who it's for. I like handmade, but I wouldn't make a handmade item for someone who's way into jewelry, wears it like she's a store type thing. Otherwise, I know she wouldn't wear it!

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2012