Handmade gifts

I am trying to make a necklace for a special occasion of a dear friend. I am not a pro at it yet so there will be a few flaws. My question is would you rather it be bought and perfect or handmade with someones thought and time put into it but not so perfect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Handmade would mean a lot more to me. Search on youtube for tutorials....there are many. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• I prefer handmade
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Handmade.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Homemade
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 8:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• handmade..
    jack1421

Answer by jack1421 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• handmade all the way!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Thanks ladies!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Definitely handmade. I had a friend who gave me her first scarf that she knitted. In no way is it perfect but I love it. I choose it over my scarfs that I have bought.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• To be honest, handmade would mean a lot to me, but only if the results were good.

I would rather have something bought that looks "presentable" than a poorly done gift. If someone (other than a child) gave me something that looked slapped together, I would feel that they didn't think enough of me or our relationship to take the time to learn to do it well before offering the product of their "skills" to me.

Yes, there is special sentiment in something handmade, but also in something done well.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Depends who it's for. I like handmade, but I wouldn't make a handmade item for someone who's way into jewelry, wears it like she's a store type thing. Otherwise, I know she wouldn't wear it!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2012