Umbilical Hernia...

My dd is 7 months old and has had an umbilical hernia since birth. Normally, when she's relaxed, you're able to push it in with little effort. Well tonight, you couldn't do that, and I was starting to get worried. After about an hour, my dh came to feel it and was able to push it in and then it didn't come back (the little lump)....Anybody have experiences with this? Is it possible to just disappear out of nowhere? I know that they normally fade away by age 1, but I expected it to be a gradual process...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby had one and it went away.... around year! Most I thnk fix on their own. I remb her doctor saying if it didnt they would fix it around 4 or 5 but it would be a cosmetic surgery for her. My friend's child has one and it never closed. It freaked me out@ first cuz, u cud push it it.lol I do know that my daugh has a NOT quite an inner ( like@ birth) But its not an outty either. Its actually pretty cute! HOpefully ur babies will close on its own.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If your baby has bm in his intestine then it will be more rigid and harder to push in. I would leave it be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My son had one from birth also. His went away already and he is almost 11 weeks old.
    amygirl23

Answer by amygirl23 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2009