How do you vote?

Do you vote based on party? Or do you vote based on what a particular candidate is supporting with their views and ideas? I've always found this interesting to see which way people go. I know some people will typically go with party affiliation if they don't know what a candidate stands for. I typically vote for what the candidate stands for, but if I don't know - I'll usually go with the party, it just depends. Just curious is all - not stirring the pot. :0)

MNChristy

Asked by MNChristy at 1:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I vote on the issues of importance to me. The candidate who is more in line with my views and beliefs on those issues. When a candidate in either party states their plans/opinions/beliefs about an issue, I consider the ramifications/implications/benefits to my family and my life and the lives of those around me. I make my decision based on a long and drawn out process. LOL My process is almost as long as the campaining itself! This election my 1st choice didn't make it, neither did my 2nd or 3rd choices. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I look at the issues that matter to me and where the candidate stands on them.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i try really hard to not vote specifically by party affiliation, but often i do go republican because i agree with many of their stances.
    this time i didn't feel good about the vote, because it felt like having to choose between a rotten egg and......a rotten egg. so i went with what i felt was the lesser of two evils, so to speak.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 1:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I start out researching everyone and finding the one that matches my ideal best, then watch everyone dwindle down, and then vote for the lessor of two evils after all the qualified candidates have been weeded out by the primaries in favor of whoever is safest for their party.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I research all the party's issues and decide who has the better stance on everything. Then I vote for that candidate,I don't vote just based on affiliation ever.
    Annies_mommy

Answer by Annies_mommy at 2:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I vote on the issues, but more than likely each time I end up choosing someone from my same party.
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 2:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I vote my conscience. I tend to lean a little more to the conservative side, although I have to say that no candidate really represents all of my views. I have voted ways that wouldn't necessarily please my conservative friends. But we don't talk about our personal votes, so it's all good.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I vote based on issues that are important to me. I think that is what works best for me, since not all of my political views fit in to one compact little group. I lean a certain way, but always make an educated decision.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I do usually vote party but I am very up on what each candidate stands for. I am usually even more conservative than the candidates but because I feel that voting is a priviledge that must be exercised, I have to choose. In all the research I have ever done, I have never felt compelled to vote for a democrat. EVER. I almost dont think it matters anymore. People will do what they want and whats in their hearts despite political administration. If we want to change the world or even our own country, we dont ( and didn't) have to wait on a new president. The powers been in our hands all along.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I vote Republican, straight ticket.

I cannot be bothered with a party that goes along with abortion, gay rights, and policies and actions that I consider to be extremely detrimental to the very existence of this country, even if they have some "acceptable" members. There are no acceptable members in "that" party as far as I have ever seen. If you go along with the Democratic platform, what are you ever gonna do to overcome your acceptance of abortion, gay right, etc.. Your wrong about everything!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2009